“Cannot play video. An error occurred while trying to play your video. The video may have been interrupted or is an unsupported format. Please try again.”
What was even more strange was that some of the WMV videos would actually play sometimes, but not very well. The audio was choppy and sometimes the video would go black.
Many of the tutorials you’ll find one the Interwebs about this problem walk you through converting the MWV files to a format that the Kindle Fire supports. I’m not a fan of converting video files since it takes a lot of time and the conversion usually results in poor quality videos being made.
Fortunately, you can play MWV files on your Kindle Fire without converting the files. Just pick up a copy of VidOn Player via Amazon. Once installed, VidOn provides a solid interface for viewing WMV video files as well as many other formats such as AVI, FLV, MP4, and M2v. Videos I tested with the software played smooth and I had no problems at all.
Incoming search terms:
- unsupported videos kindle fire
- renaming videos on kindle fire
- kindle fire unsupported video format error 2017
- silk video player
- running exe files on kindle
- download root apk files for kindle fire
- apk files for kindle fire
- fire os 5 4 0 0 update
- videos not working on kindle
- kindle fire hd downloads disappeared from netflix but available in storage