Set Up and Use Kindle FreeTime on Kindle Fire (2nd Generation) Devices
Before your child can use Kindle FreeTime, you need to create a parental controls password and create a profile for your child. Help for Kindle Fire (2nd Generation), Kindle Fire HD 7″ (2nd Generation), and Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ (2nd Generation).
Note: Kindle FreeTime automatically blocks access to the Silk Browser and the Kindle Store, and disables location-based services, in-app purchases, and social features. You must enter your parental controls password to access Kindle FreeTime settings, exit Kindle FreeTime, or enable or disable wireless connectivity.
- From Home, tap Apps, and then tap Kindle FreeTime.
- Tap Get Started.
- Enter a password.
- If you already have a Parental Controls password: Enter your password, and then tap OK.
- If you don’t have a Parental Controls password: Create and confirm a password, and then tap Continue.
- From the Add Child Profile screen, select Tap to set photo to add a profile picture.
- Enter your child’s name, birthdate, and gender, and then tap Next. If you’d like to create additional profiles, tap Add Another Child. Note: You can create up to four child profiles in Kindle FreeTime.
- After setting up Kindle FreeTime, you can add content you’ve purchased to your child’s profile, subscribe to Kindle FreeTime Unlimited to receive access to thousands of content titles for a monthly fee, and set up daily educational goals and time limits. A profile must have content to finish setting up Kindle FreeTime.
- Tap Done to save all settings and create the profile. Tip: To manage your child profiles and content at any time, from Home, tap Apps, and then tap Kindle FreeTime. From here, tap Manage Content & Subscription, Daily Goals & Time Limits, Manage Child Profiles, or More… to edit or manage your FreeTime settings.
Once your child’s profile is ready for them to use, tap their profile icon to enter their profile.
From the child’s profile, tap a content library, for example, Books, and then tap a content title to open it. If the item is not already downloaded to your Kindle Fire, it will be installed when your device is connected to a wireless network.
To access settings or exit FreeTime, swipe down from the top of the screen to open Quick Settings, and then tap Parent Settings or Exit FreeTime, and then enter your parental controls password.
- create albums in amazon fire
- create an album fire hd 10
- create folder fire hd 10
- free in app purchases kindle fire