If you can’t connect to a Wi-Fi network on your Fire tablet, follow these steps. Help for 4th Generation and newer Fire tablets.
To troubleshoot and fix the Wi-Fi issues:
- Check your Device Health. Your device can help you understand what’s wrong for some common problems. Swipe down from the top of the screen, tap Help, and tap Device Health.
- Ensure other devices can connect to your network. If they can’t connect, you may need to contact your Internet service provider for additional help.
- Ensure Airplane Mode is off. Swipe down from the top of the screen. If Airplane Mode is on, tap the icon to switch it off.
- Check your Wi-Fi password. If you have forgotten or don’t know your Wi-Fi password, you may need to refer to your router manufacturer or Internet service provider for additional help.
- Ensure you have the latest software version. Install the latest software version wirelessly if you are able to connect to. You can also download and transfer the software update to your device via USB. To learn more, go to Fire & Kindle Software Updates.
If Wi-Fi issues still persist:
- Restart your Wi-Fi connection on your device.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Wi-Fi.
- Next to Wi-Fi, tap the switch to turn Wi-Fi off.
- After you turn off your Wi-Fi connection, tap the switch to turn it on.
- Restart your device.
- Press and hold the power button for two to three seconds until you see the message “Do you want to shut down your Fire?” and then tap OK.
- After the device has completely turned off, press the power button for two to three seconds to turn your Fire tablet back on.
- Move closer to your router.
- From your device, check if you can connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- If you still don’t see your preferred network, you can add it manually to your device. To learn more, go to Add a Wi-Fi Network Manually.
- Use Channel 1-11.
- Check that your wireless router is set to use a Wi-Fi channel from 1 to 11.
- Please refer to your Internet service provider, if they provided your wireless router, or the router manufacturer, for additional help.
Note: Fire 7” (5th Generation) cannot connect to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network.
- Restart your router and modem.
- Unplug your modem and router, wait a full 30 seconds, and then plug the modem in.
- After your modem turns on, plug in your router and wait for it to turn on.
If you still can’t connect to your network, refer to your Internet service provider for additional help.
- license expired kindle app
- Tedelex Trading (Pty) Ltd za @gmail co za mail
- kindle paginated view
- kindle said to switch to paginated view
- why cant my first generation kindle fire connect with netflix
- how do I download bubble witch saga 3 game app on my kindle fire
- how to check kindle downloads
- how to switch tp paginated view in kindly
- phase error kindle
- renew kindle fire