You can install apps and games, download music, videos, books, and audiobooks, and store photos and personal videos on an external microSD card. Silk browser downloads and email cannot be stored on a MicroSD card.
Note: These instructions are not for Fire HD 8 (7th Generation) devices. To insert or remove a microSD card from a Fire HD 8 (7th Generation) device, go to Insert and Manage a microSD Card in Your Fire HD 8 (7th Generation)
- Both FAT32 and exFAT formatted microSD cards.
- Up to 256GB microSD cards.
- All classes of Ultra High Speed (UHS) microSD cards. For non-UHS microSD cards, Amazon recommends Class 10 microSD cards for optimal performance. Class 2 microSD cards may not perform well enough to support video playback or capturing burst mode photos.
To insert a microSD card:
- Hold your Fire tablet vertically, with the front-facing camera in the top center. The microSD card slot is on the upper right side of your device.
- Open the microSD card cover and turn it slightly to show the microSD card slot.
- Push gently until it locks into place.
To remove your microSD card:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings.
- Tap Storage. Tap Safely Remove SD Card, and then tap OK.
- Open the microSD card cover and gently press on the microSD card to remove it.
After inserting a microSD card, you can manage what content gets installed, downloaded, or stored on your microSD card.
To manage your preferences:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen tap Settings, and then tap Storage.
- Under SD Card, tap a switch next to a content category to turn microSD card support on or off. By default, all supported content categories are downloaded to the microSD card. Note that any user-specific information for an app, like high scores or in-app purchases, are saved to the internal storage of your device.
- Tap SD Card Storage and then tap a content category to manage content stored on the microSD card.Note: If you have multiple profiles on your device, content downloaded to the microSD card is restricted to the profile that downloaded it.
To move content to the SD card:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen tap Settings, and then tap Apps & Games.
- Tap Manage All Applications.
- Select the app you want to move, and then tap Move to SD Card.
You can also swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings, tap Storage, and then tap Move Apps to SD Card to move supported apps.
- Tap Music from the Home screen.
- Tap the Menu icon or swipe in from the left side of the screen, and then tap Settings.
- Tap Transfer All Offline Music, then tap Transfer All to SD Card.
- Prime Videos, books and periodicals, and photos and personal videos: Delete the content from your device, then re-download it after you have inserted a microSD card and selected the option to save these content types to the card.
- towelroot kindle fire
- Rooting Amazon Fire HD8 (7th Gen) OS 5 6 4 0
- fire 7 5 6 4 0 root
- towelroot for first gen kindle fire
- rooting amazon os 5 6 4 0
- jailbreak 1st gen kindle fire
- 5 6 4 0 fire root
- Rooting Amazon HD8 (7th Gen) OS 5 6 4 0
- rooting fire 7 os 5 6 4 0
- Rooting Fire HD8 (7th Gen) OS 5 6 4 0