These instructions are for Fire HD 8 (7th Generation) devices only. To insert or remove a microSD card from another supported Fire tablet, go to Insert and Manage an SD Card – Help
On your external microSD card, you can download:
- Personal videos
You can also install games and apps on your external microSD card.
Silk browser downloads and email can only be downloaded to and stored on the internal storage of your Fire tablet._
Important: Fire tablets support:
- Both FAT32 and exFAT formatted microSD cards.
- Up to 256 GB microSD cards.
- All classes of Ultra High Speed (UHS) microSD cards. For non-UHS microSD cards, Amazon recommends Class 10 microSD cards for optimal performance. Class 2 microSD cards may not perform enough to support video playback or capturing burst mode photos.
To insert a microSD card in your Fire HD 8 (7th Generation):
- Hold your Fire tablet vertically, with the front-facing camera in the top center. The microSD card slot is on the upper right side of your device.
- Open the microSD card cover and turn it slightly to show the microSD card slot.
- Push gently until it locks into place.
To remove your microSD card:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings.
- Tap Storage. Tap Safely Remove SD Card, and then tap OK.
- Open the microSD card cover and gently press on the microSD card to remove it.
After inserting a microSD card, you can manage what content gets installed, downloaded, or stored on your microSD card.
To manage your preferences:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen tap Settings, and then tap Storage.
- Under SD Card, tap a switch next to a content category to turn microSD card support on or off. By default, all supported content categories are downloaded to the microSD card.
- Install Supported Apps on Your SD Card – Any apps that support microSD card installation are installed to your microSD card. However, any user-specific information for an app, like high scores or in-app purchases, are saved to the internal storage of your device.
- Download Movies and TV Shows on Your SD Card – Prime Video movies and TV shows are downloaded to your microSD card.
- Download Music to Your SD Card – Amazon Music is downloaded to your microSD card.
- Store Photos and Personal Videos on Your SD Card – Pictures and videos recorded with the Amazon camera app on your Fire tablet are stored directly to the microSD card. Photos and personal videos stored on the microSD card are restricted to the profile that took them. Photos and personal videos transferred to your Fire tablet via USB or previously downloaded to a microSD card are available to all adult profiles.
- Download Audiobooks to Your SD Card – Audible audiobooks are downloaded to your microSD card.
- Download Books and Periodicals to Your SD Card – Kindle books, magazines, and newspapers are downloaded to your microSD card.
- Tap SD Card Storage and then tap a content category to manage content stored on the microSD card.Note: If you have multiple profiles on your device, content downloaded to the microSD card is restricted to the profile that downloaded them.
To move content to the SD card:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen tap Settings, and then tap Apps & Games.
- Tap Manage All Applications.
- Select the app you want to move, and then tap Move to SD Card.
You can also swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings, tap Storage, and then tap Move Apps to SD Card to move supported apps.
- Tap Music from the Home screen.
- Tap the Menu icon or swipe in from the left side of the screen, and then tap Settings.
- Tap Transfer All Offline Music, then tap Transfer All to SD Card.
- To move previously downloaded Prime Videos, books and periodicals, and photos and personal videos from internal storage to your microSD card, delete them from your device, and then re download them after you have inserted a microSD card and selected the option to download them to your SD card.
- free music apk downloader for kindlefire no apk
- sd card for amazon fire 10
- how to insett sim card fire hd10
- how to pictures on a s d card on a kindle
- how to insert micro sd card into kindle fire 5th generation tablet
- how do you view an sd card on a kindle
- if you download an image on amazon fire where does it go
- kindle fire 7th generation specs
- kindle fire 10 memory card
- sd card kindle fire 5